If you've known me for a while, there are some obvious things that you know about me. I'm a boy mom, I love Sodalicious and I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. So here are some things that you may not know!
1. I raised sheep when I was a little girl. And I got first place for showmanship my first year! When I was 10 years old, I joined 4-H and my parents were crazy enough to let me raise two sheep! My first sheep were named Clarence (after my grandpa who was a shepherd) and Big Bucks. When we bought Big Bucks at auction, my dad and I had no idea what we were doing and ended up paying "big bucks" for this sheep. This adventure was crazy, but taught me so much growing up!
2. The first thing that I think of when walking into a potential place to live is, how can I decorate this space for Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I already have a pretty good idea how I'm going to decorate this year.
3. I was super into Theater when I was in high school and college! My favorite rolls were playing Anne Frank in "The Diary of Anne Frank" and Rosemary in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."
4. My go-to snack right now is dried mango from Costco.
5. When we got engaged, my husband and I did a 50's styled engagement session. To this day, they are some of my favorite photos I have ever had taken of us!
6. Speaking of my husband, we met, got engaged and were married within knowing each other for six months. You can check out more details here.
7. I love talking about Parenting and Self Care. I seriously am obsessed with talking about it. Not always the best at following through, but I seriously love it. My favorite resources are the podcast " Awesome with Alison" and following @simplyonpurpose on Instagram. These two ladies have changed my outlook on life and parenting so much and I'm an avid follower!
8. I really struggle with sad stories in the news. Especially when they deal with children my kid's age. I have learned that I just can't read them anymore. Or I will seriously sob and be sad for days.
9. My biggest fear is that my boys will grow up to be disrespectful punks. I pray every day that they will be kind and nice. It is so hard teaching your kids which is why I am always up for talking about raising kids!
10. Ok, So this is super nerdy of me, but in my early college days when I was a music major, my big celebrity crush was a composer named Eric Whitacre. I was at a conference in Chicago and I saw him walking down the street and I had a full-blown meltdown. I started hyperventilating and was basically crying. I then got to meet him and as you can see in this photo, I got a little teary eyed. I am still teased about this to this day by my college friends and my mom.